Admin4J is a base set of administration utilities for Java EE applications.
Admin4J is open source and uses an Apache 2.0 License.
Admin4J will do the following:
- Track and summarize exceptions generated by applications so the most severe issues are more easily identified.
- Detect thread contention problems at runtime. Problems are logged and administrators optionally notified.
- Detect memory issues at runtime. Problems are logged and administrators optionally notified.
- Track and display performance metrics
- Provides a SQL Performance Measurement page.
- Provides a Log Level administration page to change log levels at runtime. Currently supports log4j and jdk logging.
- Provides a Web-Based File Explorer administration page with optional security features to limit display and change capabilities.
- Provides a Java EE Filter to automatically detect application errors. Problems are logged and administrators optionally notified.
- Provides a web-based JMX browser for environments that don't expose JMX ports for remote browsing.
Admin4J is intentionally made so that it's easy to install. Furthermore, every effort has been made to keep our library dependancy list to a minimum.
This project started as a set of utilities the authors created to support their own projects. We noticed over time that we were routinely installing these utilities in all of our applications.